Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Making out is the lesbian handshake

That kiss in front of the naughty little nightspot was not the end of my lesbian endeavours in this life, I promise. It would be kind of cool to list all of them but that would be bragging and you would be jealous. In the usa, we have a very non-touch society. This cold and sterile disposition is of course melted away even steamy in lesbian life, and I have exploited it whenever possible. Every observation collected and stored in this gift or curse of eidetic memory.
When I reached about 23 I had already picked up on the lovely hugging and smooching I was doing with all of my friends every time I saw them, and every time we parted. Since all of my friends had been involved with each other at some point, it was sloppy and loud at greeting time.
By age 26, I was in the city and learning quickly to put some cool and aloof on the demeanour. The lesbian hug make out grope greetings became more uninhibited. It began to feel like connecting to women... to lesbians... oh the subtle yet powerful shift of that idea.
Everything I do is a lesbian act, I decided. I am a lesbian and I am doing this, right? The public physical displaying with other lesbians is our duty. When we make out we just mean "Hey, friend!".
Before your mind jumps there, I will address this : Yes , if we use the lesbian handshake enough, even non-lesbian women will shake hands with us . It is inevitable a few of them be a little intrigued , not to mention the occasional stripper that will be jealous. They are all harmless for the most part and really sweet. Count on getting some lesbian-action-seeking-non-lesbian's attentions, maybe even a nice long 13 minutes while hiding in the bathroom every time there is an office party.
Over the past twenty years I have seen a steady increase in the public use of the lesbian handshake. More than a few times I saw fagjackets displaying it .

2 comments:

Sheree said...

In my own personal experience I found the "lesbian handshake" happens in bathroom stalls at night clubs and in bars between girls.

Granted there are many other acts that occur within those stalls other than for what the original design was intended, but this being among one of the most delicious.

It is in these dark spaces with flickering neon lights, markers tagging conquests on press board walls separating us from the girl with her panties on the floor, completely ignorant of what is going on 1 foot away from her, to find her, push against her, and lick the back of her teeth.

I particularly have relished the occasions, where upon I exit, covered head to toe in lipstick and bruises. Walking out into the crowd I wear a smirk on my face, and my gorgeous friend on my arm.

patricia said...

The "Lesbian Handshake" is just a natural extension of being female. Social norms where established by males. It is past time for us lesbians to accept and embrace our own way of greeting and parting in public. A deep kiss or a gentle grope is just our way to establish a close feeling, unlike a cold, socially accepted handshake.